The City That Never Sleeps
My name is John Mark Francia. I am, a Filipino. I find it hard to name things I hate (because i barely hate anything). I'm 18 and I don't mind being shy.I try my best at everything and never fear failure because I believe that there is a reason for everything




posted : Friday, August 10, 2012
title : My Wishlist: International Edition


The world has a surface area of 510,072,000 square kilometer so I’m pretty sure it has a lot to offer. There are countless breath-taking places on Earth, be it by land or under the water. I have a lot of dream destinations that I would want to visit before I die, and some of them can be found outside the Philippines.  So here I am again, activating my "Delusion of Grandeur". hehe.
Last June, I posted about my dream travel destinations that can be found in the Philippines, so here is now the International edition of the wish list.

1. PLITVICE LAKES
Rakovica, Croatia (Europe)


I saw this first in a feature by one of the blogs i have read. The photo speaks for itself. Truly, it is a Paradise in the center of Europe. Based on my research, it is a National Park that lies in the Plitvice Plateau in a far-flung part of Croatia, a country in Europe. The lakes are renowned for their distinctive colours, ranging from azure to green, grey or blue. The colours change constantly depending on the quantity of minerals or organisms in the water and the angle of sunlight.

2. BORA-BORA ISLAND
French Polynesia, South Pacific Ocean (Oceania)


"Bora Bora island is possibly the single most famous island in all the world. The legends, mysteries, and romance associated with the words "Bora Bora" bring an almost mystical presence to the island."

I am scared of vast water, but for Bora-Bora, i will not let that fear hampers my dream. Located at the central-southern part of the Pacific Ocean, this Island stands out among Pacific Islands because of its beauty. This can be accessed through Plane ride and Ship from New Zealand. I want to have my Honeymoon here so i will do every possible solution to earn money for my BoraBora escapade.


3. NEUSCHWANSTEIN CASTLE
Bavaria, Germany (Europe)


I am not really a fan of castles, but this one fascinates me. Based on my research, this one was built in 19th Century and is situated in a rocky hill near Hohenschwangau in southwest Bavaria, Germany. It was beautifully designed, all the arcade windows, and high towers, columns and pinnacles. I also found out that this castle was the inspiration of Walt Disney, and the famous castle of Disneyland.


4. ANGKOR WAT
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia (Asia)


Angkor Wat is the largest Hindu temple complex in the world and is located in Angkor, Siem Reap Province in Cambodia. If i'm not mistaken, i saw this one in Angelina Jolie's movie, Tomb Raider. Based on its appearance, you can say that this place is already old and was built thousand of years ago. It is being mentioned in our History books especially for Asian Civilization.

5. EVERYTHING in LONDON
London, United Kingdom (Europe)


I love how London preserves its culture and mixes it with modernization. Everything in London is cool. I love to see this place, i'm sure, everybody does.


6. GRAND CANYON
Arizona, United States (North America)


The Grand Canyon is a steep canyon area in the State of Arizona in the United States of America. This area is regarded as one of the Natural Wonders of the World. On the picture is the horseshoe-shaped skywalk that hangs 4000 feet above the surface. This is dangerous, but this is an example of a true spine-tingling adventure. 

7. MULTNOMAH FALLS
Oregon, United States (North America)


This is probably the most beautiful falls in the world. :D It is located in Multnomah Country, Oregon, USA at the Columbia River Gorge. The falls drop into two major steps, splitting into a larger upper falls and a shorter lower falls. Experts say that this is the 2nd tallest waterfalls in the United States. The bridge on the split adds to a more dramatic view of the falls.

8. THE WHITE CITY
Santorini, Greece (Europe)


Santorini also called "The White City" due to houses predominant with white-colored wall, can be found in the "Land of Gods and Godesses", Greece. This country has always been a dream destination for me since i was young. Based on its location, the place is a result of an enormous volcanic eruption that destroyed a formerly single island. 

9. THE CITY OF LIGHTS
Paris, France (Europe)


I'm sure everyone loves Paris. It is famous for its lights and the romantic sceneries it offers. There are various tourist destinations in Paris and one of them is the Eiffel Tower which is very famous. Like any of the European cities, Paris also has this appealing architectural designs. 



10. RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
Bangkok, Thailand (Asia)


Yes, i am quite afraid of heights but i wanna try this 62nd floor of this building in the heart of Bangkok, Thailand. Thailand is always a dream destination for me, and one of my planned activities there would be dining in this awesome restaurant. But i'll assure first if this building is quake proof. haha. Just in case...

11. SEOUL CITY
Seoul, South Korea (Asia)

(Banpo Bridge)

Seoul is probably one of the most luxurious cities in the world. Seoul is a city of two eras, the culture is able to preserved and mixed with modernization. The city has a big part on the world's technology and sciences. Their palaces which reminds us of their great history remain the best tourist sites in this Hangul-speaking country.



12. CRYSTAL CAVE
Skaftafell, Iceland (Europe)


This ice cave or Crystal Cave in Iceland is on the edge of the glacier where it enters into a lagoon. It is only possible to access it when the lagoon is frozen. Ice caves are in general unstable things and can collapse at any time. They are however much more stable in winter when the cold temperatures harden the ice. Even so we could hear constant cracking sounds inside the cave. It was not because it was going to collapse but because the cave was moving along with the glacier itself. 


(The list will be updated as soon as i see more interesting places in the world)

13. WHITEHAVEN BEACH
Whitsunday Island, Central Queensland, Australia (Australia)


This beach is a 7 kilometers stretch of white sand dunes in Central Queensland, Australia. According to Wikipedia, the sand consists of 98% pure silica which gives it a bright white color. The beach is very relaxing especially on the part shown in the picture. So majestic.


DISCLAIMER: Photos used in this article is not mine and I don't intend to seemingly make them my own.

Labels: , , ,